Title: Financial Advisor
ThirtyNorth Investments, LLC is dedicated to working with each and every client to Bring Together Money and Meaning. ThirtyNorth provides individuals and their families, retirement plan sponsors, and non-profit organizations with objective investment guidance while considering their overall financial goals.
ThirtyNorth is a registered investment advisory firm headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. We are employee-owned and unaffiliated with any parent company. With a focus on personalized strategies and independent thinking, we are dedicated to building trust through collaboration and a comprehensive approach.
Working at ThirtyNorth:
We are committed to empowering our clients to leverage their assets for a better future. Whether our clients’ goals involve increasing retirement readiness, focusing on sustainable investing, or building wealth for the future, we are prepared to work towards those goals. Throughout our work we adhere to these core values:
- Always put clients first
- Continually drive for excellence
- Act with absolute integrity
- Dedicate to teamwork
- Commit to have an impact on the world
ThirtyNorth highly values diverse perspectives. Our team members come from a variety of backgrounds and professional experience, from wealth management in large banks to asset management shops. Our differing experiences empower us to share insights and learnings across clients to make our collective work stronger. We seek to hire those who enhance our culture with a desire for collaboration, drive for building loyal client relationships, and commitment to community. In return, we work with our team to ensure personal and professional development, thereby fostering a fulfilling and interesting career rich with opportunities to learn and grow.
Some of the ways our culture comes to life include the participation of all team members in developing the business strategies of the firm, the open discussions of progress and opportunities within our quarterly meetings, our “round the table” weekly discussions to assess how we can be helpful to our clients and each other, and our points of quality and communications oversight. Our clients always have several points of contact at the firm and more than one advisor familiar with their situation. We truly function as a team rather than a collection of individual advisors.
ThirtyNorth Financial Advisors are integral members of the client services team. Advisors collaborate closely with firm principals and other members of the ThirtyNorth team to deliver investment activities and financial planning for clients, while supporting business development efforts across wealth management and retirement planning. Day to day responsibilities are varied but all centered around total client relationship building, whether as a part of the team or as the advisor.
Advisors must be highly collaborative and curious, as they work closely with others across the ThirtyNorth team to ensure client success and impact. Advisors must be passionate for building strong client and team relationships and dedicated to broader firm success. This role is best suited for an individual who is looking to expand their skillset in a boutique financial consulting role. As the firm continues to grow, there is great opportunity for this role to expand.
- Support firm principals and senior advisors with the delivery of wealth management and retirement offerings. Serve as lead on client relationships brought to the firm or assigned.
- Provide support for ThirtyNorth’s suite of financial management services such as investment activities and analysis, financial planning services, and plan preparation.
- Support firm principals and senior advisors in understanding client financial goals and guiding clients to achieve them.
- Work with firm principals and senior advisors to maintain clear and positive communication with clients to ensure a positive, seamless, and high quality client experience.
- Assist firm principals and senior advisors in business development efforts, such as creating external presentations, responding to RFPs, coordination of the process and joint calling on prospective clients.
- Engage in other responsibilities as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years’ experience in financial services. Existing client portfolio a plus.
- Undergraduate or master’s degree in Finance, or other business degree with strong aptitude for finance and accounting, or CFA Level II or III candidates.
- Series 65 to be obtained if not currently held. Combination of Series 7 and Series 63 acceptable alternative.
- CFP highly desirable, and willingness to obtain if not currently held.
- A demonstrated interest in partnering with clients to understand and identify goals and work alongside them to achieve those goals.
- High level of ethical conduct with excellent client experiences at the forefront.
- Attention to detail and ability to independently manage competing priorities and requests with ease.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- A proactive approach to problem solving and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A service heart and passion for building and maintaining loyal client relationships.
- Ability to transition seamlessly from independent to collaborative teamwork.
- Team player who inspires others through their dedication to the firm.
Commensurate with experience, with possibility of incentive structures. ThirtyNorth also has a generous package of benefits, including 401k match, parking, life and disability insurance, and compensation for individual health insurance.
- Please submit cover letter and resume via our careers page at thirtynorth.com with the following subject header: [TN Financial Advisor – Full Name – 2022]
- In your cover letter, provide integrated responses to the questions below:
- What experiences do you have in successfully leading a small or large team through change management? What was the initial challenge, how did you approach it, and what was the result?
- Why are you passionate about this role?
- What do you think is the greatest strength you would bring to this role and why? What do you think is the greatest strength that you would bring to the ThirtyNorth team and why?
- What are your salary requirements?
- No phone calls or follow-up emails, please.
- Only applications that follow all stated instructions will be considered.
ThirtyNorth is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, ability, age, or veteran status.